Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MY WEEKEND PLANS


I'm annoyed when people ask about my plans for the weekend. I'm sure my answer generally falls short of their expectations. This used to be my typical response.


I plan to get in some grocery shopping, polish my shoes, take a walk, do the laundry, make a few phone calls, catch up on my bills, and watch a little TV.

When I explained that I didn't have any real plans, they seemed disappointed. But that's all changed. Now when people ask about my weekend, I give them the crowd-pleasing version of Saturday and Sunday.

I plan to go mountain biking, ice climbing, sky diving, hang gliding, snow boarding, deep sea diving, do some wife swapping, and finish up with tightrope walking across a gaping chasm. How about you?

People walk away satisfied and impressed, knowing they're dealing with a bad ass who wrings out a weekend till there's nothing left.

@#$%*@
SEND TO FRIENDS WHOSE WEEKENDS COULD USE SOME EMBELLISHMENT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mister Thistle,
I laughed out load. I think I'll use the same response when coming into work Monday morning. Co workers alway ask How was your weekend.
Note: I'm not the type to post comments-this is my very first posting (anywhere) but I've read all your articles and check for them daily.
Would you every consider running with a fan topic?
Keep up the truly great work.-