Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PAPER ADMITS TO MISTAKE

For those of you who still read the newspapers – and who can blame you if you don't, given the steady barrage of bad news and the advent of online coverage – you may have noticed a portion of the paper referred to as the "Corrections" section.

Essentially it lists the factual errors that the paper has made on the previous day and asks your forgiveness for their carelessness.

My take on all of their minor lapses (or peccadillos if you happen to be reading the New York Times) would have to be, "who gives a rat's ass?"

First of all, nobody really cares about yesterday's blunders. And you'll notice they never point out their colossal mistakes, just insignificant ones like the following:

"Yesterday, Mr. L.J. Smith's picture was mistakenly reproduced in reverse image. So the watch you saw on his right wrist was actually on his left wrist."

Come to think of it, something was bothering me about that picture, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

But now, thanks to "Corrections," my mind is at ease and I can sidestep the usual tossing and turning generated by such oversights.

@#$%&@

No comments: