Thursday, January 29, 2009

CREEPS WHO DON'T CALL BACK

For my money, the world is divided between decent people who return phone calls and the bastards that don't. A conservative guess is that 80% of Americans don't return their calls.

This irritation came up recently when somebody called me back, and I found myself praising the guy. And I thought to myself, what's going on here? What's prompting this fit of uncontrolled affability?

People not calling back in droves is what's going on here. Being a putz instead of a stand-up guy is at the crux of my agitation.

And how do you know the person who called isn't about to offer you a good deal on that painting you wanted, or the crap in the garage you wanted to sell, or a tip on some fabulous vacation spot that nobody knows about yet. Or just some good news about somebody you actually care about or maybe even love.

But since most of you don't plan to return your phone calls, you'll miss out on all this good stuff. And that, if you want to know the truth, cheers me up immensely.

@#$%*@

1 comment:

Byte for Bite said...

Excellent point, Milt. A home run.