Sunday, October 19, 2008

USE YOUR WORDS


What's with our passion for abbreviations? And why is "abbreviations" such a long damn word?


Is it so difficult for us to say what we mean in whole sentences? I just got an invitation to a big party so I better RSVP. They said to BYOB.

Teddy Roosevelt, AKA TR, was our 26th president. May he RIP! I admired him more than LBJ, FDR, or JFK.

The Yankee star, who yesterday had 3 RBI's, was the DH. But next week he goes on the DL.

An alleged rapist, who had a low IQ and was being investigated by the FBI and CIA, was DOA. A year ago the same guy, a military misfit, was MIA. His father was an MP in WW2.

We sometimes even sign our letters with X's and O's. No doubt to get us through those moments of affection and caring as quickly as possible.

My brother's son was crazy about XMAS. The love letter was SWAK. I can't pay you now, I'll give you an IOU. The fighter was KO'd in the third round.

That package needs to be sent out PDQ. Most TV in the USA is barely OK. I need to catch some ZZZ'z. And FYI, he's not a registered democrat, he's a member of the GOP.


Honey, I need some TLC. Personally, I'd rather be getting some tender loving care than some TLC. One gives me a warm glow, the other sounds like a freaking sandwich.

Then there's computer speak. "Hey man, that joke was LOL." And if you ask me, MEGA, RAM, and GIG could easily be the bratty kids of some Hollywood starlet.

I like writing in complete thoughts without all the shortcuts and cutesy initials. In terms of communication and a clearer exchange of ideas, it's just better PR.

@#$%*@

IF YOU LIKE THE WRITING, SPREAD THE WORDS ASAP.

No comments: