Tuesday, December 30, 2008

AN ABUNDANCE OF REPLY CARDS


Do the pinheads that put out magazines think we're all so dense we couldn't possibly find a reply card unless there were 5 of them conveniently scattered among the articles?

But card overkill, with its implications of lamebrain simplicity, is not the only problem. I am emotionally unable to read a magazine without first ripping out all the cards.

Sometimes I worry that they'll fall into my lap and rattle my concentration. Other times I'm afraid of reading each card and never getting to the stories.

Naturally, after ripping out these annoying little inserts, I have to get up out of a chair and find a wastebasket to dump them into before I can relax and read the crap they've written.

Nobody ever said it was easy being neurotic.

@#$%*@

FORWARD TO ANYONE WHO'S EVER READ A MAGAZINE.

No comments: